Learning Muscles - Grow Your Mind
At Longfields Primary and Nursery School we have a firm belief that you can grow your mind and that understanding how you do this helps in the process of learning and acquiring a 'Growth Mindset'.
Understanding our Learning Powers or Muscles is paramount in our Learning Journey:
- Plan and think things through
- Getting lost in our work
- Manage distractions when they happen
- We keep going and don't give up
- Learning from our mistakes is important
- We like working hard and trying new things
- We have a 'Growth Mindset' and don't worry if things go wrong
- We listen to and learn from others
- Explaining things to others is part of learning
- Respect for all during our 'Learning Journey' is essential
- We love to -
- Ask Questions
- Notice things
- Look for patterns and connections
- Think of reasons why
- Ask 'What if?'
- We keep improving by -
- Reviewing our work
- Identifying our best bits
- Improving one thing first
- Not comparing ourselves to others
- Trying to be better than last time
Most of all - Enjoy Learning
- Feeling proud of our achievements
- Feel your neurons connecting!
- Imagine your intelligence growing by the minute!
- Use what you learn in real life
Develop a Love of Learning